Search This Blog

Tapa Variations Contest 5

The 2011 Tapa Variations Contest series has begun. This year Logic Masters India will be hosting the competitions. Tapa Variations Contest 5 was held on 5th-6th February, 2011.
The author of the puzzles are Gulce Ozkutuk and Serkan Yurekli.

View Championship Page

Download Instruction Booklet
Download Puzzle Booklet
Password is 2010MasTeRofTAPANikola

Results

1. Thomas Snyder (USA) - 841 (49:01)
2. Andrey Bogdanov (Russia) - 841 (71:27)
3. Florian Kirch (Germany) - 841 (72:32)
4. Philipp Weiß (Germany) - 812
5. Psyho (Poland) - 777
6. Nikola Zivanovic (Serbia) - 756
7. Michael Ley (Germany) - 741
8. Ulrich Voigt (Germany) - 691
9. Hideaki Jo (Japan) - 689
10. Steven Barge (UK) - 657

Best Indians

28. Rohan Rao - 435
42. Rakesh Rai - 332
62. Anurag Sahay - 242
75. Harmeet Singh - 181
103. Prasanna Seshadri - 61

Complete Results

Beautiful set of puzzles. I wasn't comfortable with Tapa Chess before the test, but I managed to solve it without much trouble. I made some silly error in Tapa Filler. I happily left Math Tapa till the end, one of my least favourite variations. Word Tapa was amazing. It took me a while to figure out the actual usage of the rules, but after that, they solved very nicely. Tapa Rotator was very simple and so was Tapa with Borders. I have never solved Double Tapa in my life (not even the example in the IB) and I surprised myself to the core by solving the Double Tapa puzzle. It was beautiful! And it felt beautiful! Tapa Connection was solvable with a little guesswork, and I just couldn't get through Tapa Possible. Maybe I missed something.
Overall, a superb Tapa variations set and a great start to this year's contests. Looking forward to some more exciting and fun-filled Tapa puzzles in the next few weeks :-)

Tapa Variations Contest 6 will be held on 19th-20th February, 2011.

No comments: